Saturday, September 16, 2017

THE AIR AWAKENS SERIES BY ELISE KOVA



Hey Invaders! Whale, I am officially taking the initiative to use force and tell you to READ THIS SERIES NOW! I want to take the time to give you a reason to enjoy amazing High Fantasy. Elise Kova is amazing at what she does. I've share this series quite a bit on my blog before. But sharing a book (or series) more than once is not going to kill me or anyone. In fact, I think it's bout time I shared again. I once said I would binge and buy all the books in the series. Sadly, I've not been able to get physical copies, but I do own the e-books. And not just the main series, I'm sure you've seen my review for The Crown's Dog (I have it 2 times), which is the first in the prequel trilogy. That was, technically, a review for the audio book, which I also have (but only that one). Once I've read the other 2 books in the trilogy, I will share my reactions for those too.
You've seen my review for the first book, Air Awakens, but I'll share that here as well. Only the first book has an "elaborate" review and goes into detail about the story. The last four books are only me freaking out in around 150 characters, more or less. Oh, and it took me a whole year after reading the 4th book to finish the 5th and final book because I didn't want it to end. Plus, there was a lot going on in the last seven months.

You know the drill: I am only sharing my final thoughts on the books. The synopsis is right there for you to have a brief idea what the book is about. Cover will be linked to Amazon. My Goodreads review will be right beneath the corresponding book. I also would like to add that I am an Amazon affiliate. I do not get a lot out of it, but if you decide to purchase a book I share using my links, thank you.

There is a box set for the complete series. I will link that in the end of this post.


AMAZON
Air Awakens
(Air Awakens #1)
by Elise Kova

A library apprentice, a sorcerer prince, and an unbreakable magic bond...


The Solaris Empire is one conquest away from uniting the continent, and the rare elemental magic sleeping in seventeen-year-old library apprentice Vhalla Yarl could shift the tides of war.


Vhalla has always been taught to fear the Tower of Sorcerers, a mysterious magic society, and has been happy in her quiet world of books. But after she unknowingly saves the life of one of the most powerful sorcerers of them all—the Crown Prince Aldrik—she finds herself enticed into his world. Now she must decide her future: Embrace her sorcery and leave the life she’s known, or eradicate her magic and remain as she’s always been. And with powerful forces lurking in the shadows, Vhalla’s indecision could cost her more than she ever imagined.


Air Awakens (Air Awakens, #1)

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Vhalla Yarl may only be an apprentice, 'common-folk' if you will, but she is every bit as normal as you and I. She experiences feelings of enjoyment in the library, reading and learning her trade. She knows she is not one a prince should dare look at, but that does not stop her from simple day-dreams. Sorcery (magic if you will) is not something taken lightly, many who possess such ability are not entirely open about it. Such knowledge is locked away; however, it is still an ability that some possess and Vhalla Yarl is only just beginning to awaken with such. Vhalla does not see herself as any extraordinary; however, there are those who beg to differ and they do try to show her and make her believe.

In this book, not only do we meet amazing characters, but have amazing adventures in amazing places. The Air Awakens world is unique; there is none other like it. In my case, it took me a while to get into the book. I don't know why, but I did. But once I got into it, I was moving along and enjoying every second of it. There is intrigue and budding sentiments; a dashing young prince who goes by the title "The Heartbreaker Prince" and then there is the crown prince. But let's not go to deeply, because you might not come back out of it. Believe me, I am still trying to get out of it, without much luck.

I have to say that it took me long enough! I'm in love with this book (series)! I can honestly say that I finally understand, and I wish I had jumped on th band-wagon sooner. I mean, I've been part of the Tower Guard for a while, but somehow couldn't get into the series, things kept coming up. But I've finally read it, I love it; I want to keep reading the series and I know I will, like last week. Elise, you are an amazing author. I love the way everything unfolded. Vhalla's Bond with Prince Aldrik was thoroughly thought out. I've said it before and I will say it again, the covers! Merilliza Chan, the cover artist, did an AMAZING job.

AMAZON


Fire Falling 
Air Awakens #2)


by Elise Kova

Soldier… Sorcerer… Savior… Who is Vhalla Yarl?


Vhalla Yarl marches to war as property of the Solaris Empire. The Emperor counts on her to bring victory, the Senate counts on her death, and the only thing Vhalla can count on is the fight of her life. As she grapples with the ghosts of her past, new challenges in the present threaten to shatter the remnants of her fragile sanity. Will she maintain her humanity? Or will she truly become the Empire’s monster?


Fire Falling (Air Awakens, #2)

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh my gersh that ending!

Oh my gersh! I may be late getting on the bandwagon, but this book is amazing! That ending! I am loosing it now!



AMAZON
Earth's End
(Air Awakens #3)
by Elise Kova


A woman awoken in air,
a soldier forged by fire,
a weapon risen from blood.



Vhalla Yarl has made it to the warfront in the North. Forged by blood and fire, she has steeled her heart for the final battle of the Solaris Empire’s conquest. The choices before Vhalla are no longer servitude or freedom, they are servitude or death. The stakes have never been higher as the Emperor maintains his iron grip on her fate, holding everything Vhalla still has left to lose in the balance.

Earth's End (Air Awakens, #3)

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I cant get enough!
Two in one day? To an extent! I take this one like a dagger to the gut, and love it!



AMAZON
Water's Wrath
(Air Awakens #4)
by Elise Kova


Librarian turned sorcerer.
Sorcerer turned hero.
Hero turned puppet.


The Solaris Empire found victory in the North and, at the cost of her heart and her innocence, Vhalla Yarl has earned her freedom. But the true fight is only beginning as the secret forces that have been lurking in the shadows, tugging at the strings of Vhalla's fate, finally come to light. Nowhere is safe, and Vhalla must tread carefully or else she'll fall into the waiting arms of her greatest foe. Or former lover. 

Water's Wrath (Air Awakens #4)

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Water's Wrath = Water Works
I cannot even begin to explain what it was like to read this book. It was amazing. It was emotional. It was a heap of brilliance. I balled my eyes out. I couldn't hold back the tears.



AMAZON
Crystal Crowned
(Air Awakens #5)
by Elise Kova

Long live Solaris. 


One bloodthirsty ruler has been overthrown by another, casting the shadow of death over the Solaris Empire. Vhalla Yarl stands upon the stage of fate, prepared to do battle one final time. Fragile alliances will be tested and new bonds will be formed as the world is reshaped. She fights as the champion of peace, but when the night is darkest will she be able to pay the price of a new dawn? 

Crystal Crowned (Air Awakens, #5)

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I didn't want it to end!!

I know! I know! It took me a long time to finish reading this AMAZE-BALLS book(series). The thing is, I didn't want it to end! The entire series comes together in this final book. Aldrik and Vhalla are finally together and fighting at each other's side in a battle to regain the kingdom and for their freedom. Elise Kova should have more recognition for her work. This is amazing!!

View all my reviews



MORE FROM ELISE KOVA



  
  r

That's all for now. If you've read these books, comment below and tell me what you thought. If you haven't, I would suggest you get on it. Soon. Thank you so much for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment